While we were out to dinner for John's birthday I got a text from my friend Becca asking if we wanted to go to the lake the next day. John only had a half day of school so we decided it would be a fun way to spend our July 24th weekend. The next morning we headed up to meet the Nelson's at their family's vacation home in St. George. We spent the remainder of the day out on the lake at the Sand Hollow reservoir. The scenery there is gorgeous and I don't think that I have ever been in a lake that was so clear.
Even though we just had a few hours out on the lake we were all able to swim, tube, and wakeboard. Both John and I hadn't been wakeboarding in years and while I was just happy to get up for a few seconds, John couldn't get enough of it and would have stayed out there for hours if we had the time. Since we moved to Vegas he hasn't had too many opportunities to enjoy his true love (snowboarding), but I think that this was the next best thing. Bentley loved being on the boat and feeling the wind in his face. He was such a champ...he enjoyed going on the tube and even fell asleep on the boat for a couple of hours. Amazing! We had so much fun and enjoyed hanging out with the Nelsons. The next morning we woke up and had Becca's yummy buttermilk pancakes and then took a dip in the pool before heading home. Thanks Ryan and Becca for a great weekend!
P.S. We were too cheap to buy Bentley a life jacket so we borrowed one from a friend who has a little girl the same age as Bentley. Hence, the bright pink life jacket.








No comments:
Post a Comment