Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One Year Update

As promised, here are a few of my favorite pictures from Bentley's one year photo shoot. I also wanted to share a few things about Bentley now that he is a year old. I've seen this format on a few different blogs and thought it was cute. It covers a lot of things that I always want to remember about him. I realize that I am probably the only person who cares about this (and maybe his grandmas and grandpas) so feel free to skip this post!

Stats: Weight 21 lbs 15 oz (25%)
Height 32 in (94%)
Head 18.25 cm (50%)

Sleep: You are a great sleeper! You typically sleep 12 hours at night from 7pm – 7am! Now that you are getting more calories during the day you are getting better at sleeping through, but you will still occasionally wake up once for a bottle. You just transitioned from two naps to one nap that usually lasts 2.5 to 3 hours from 11 – 2 pm. There are two things you NEED when you fall asleep, your binkie and your blanket. You don’t like being rocked, so you make me stand up and hold you. I usually sing you one song (your favorite is Dream Mama) and then I lay you down in your crib and you will fall right asleep without any protesting! You move around A LOT at night, but most often I find you sleeping on your stomach with your bum high in the air.

Eating: Ever since we went to the allergist you have been getting to experience a lot more foods and you’ve loved every minute of it! You particularly like anything that you can pick up and feed to yourself (especially cheerios). You can now eat rice, oatmeal, pears, apples, peaches, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, and turkey with no problems! This week I am going to try giving you milk and as long as your body tolerates it, then I am going to be done with food trials and you will be able to eat whatever you want! Both you and I will be VERY excited for that day!

Transportation: You are such a cruiser. It’s not enough to walk somewhere, you must run! People are always commenting at how fast and steady you are on your feet. You have had a lot of practice since you started walking around 8 ½ months. If I spot you with something that you aren’t supposed to have you will take off running and usually throw the offending item up and over your head as you make your escape. You also love to climb! You are starting to get clever and if you want to get up on the couch you will pull your little dump truck over to it and use it as a step. I don’t mind this because you have gotten really good at getting yourself down (from the couch, bed, etc) by turning around and sliding off on your belly. You have finally mastered the stairs and can go up AND down them, but you’re still usually lazy and want me to carry you down.

Communication: You can say Mama, Dada, Papa, Ow, Ew, and Stinky very well, and you usually use them in the right context. Every time you fall down you will say Ow, even if it didn’t hurt. You have also mastered the wave and get very frustrated when other people don’t wave back to you, particularly other children. You know how to sign “All Done” and “More.” These come in very handy when I’m feeding you, but you also know how to use “All done” in other situations. For example, you will tell me when you are all done on the swings or when we’re driving in the car and you’ve had enough of being strapped into your car seat. Unfortunately, simply knowing and communicating this sign doesn’t get you out of every unpleasant activity. Also, when you are trying to tell me something and I finally guess correctly you get the biggest grin on your face and start clapping.

Play: Your absolute most favorite game right now is chase. As soon as you hear the words “I’m gonna get you” you take off in the opposite direction squealing in delight. Your pursuer always ends this game before you do…you seem to have an endless supply of energy. You love playing peek-a-boo, and will usually do a good job of covering at least one eye with your hand and peeking with the other. You also like playing this game with a blanket and don’t mind having it thrown over your head. You will often laugh as you walk around with it on your head until you run into something (this is how you got the goose egg the day before your birthday). You think it is so funny to sneak into the bathroom and unravel the toilet paper. You are so fast at unrolling it, particularly when you know that I'm onto you!

Bubbles, enough said. You love doing the actions to songs, especially Wheels on the Bus, If You’re Happy and You Know It, and Popcorn Popping. You like watching your Baby Einstein movies and you will start dancing anytime you hear music. You dance by standing in one place and bouncing up and down. You also love going to the park to explore outside, go down the slides, swing, and play on the splash pad. You have no fear when it comes to water, and you are usually the only kid your age playing on the splash pad. Lastly, you love steering wheels. If you are ever really upset, all I have to do is take you out to the car and let you sit in the driver’s seat and steer. You recently discovered the windshield wipers and think that those are pretty cool too.

Teeth: You have four teeth on top, and two on bottom. You have a huge gap in between your top two teeth and I think it is so cute! You LOVE having Dad brush your teeth at night, but I think that’s only because you like the taste of the toothpaste. You also like helping Dad brush his teeth with his electric toothbrush.

Nicknames: Bentley Bug, Bubba, Bubs, and Bubby.

4 comments:

Camille Kinghorn said...

Wow I can't believe he is a year old already! He is so cute. I want to keep looking at your blog, you should have my e-mail. If not let me know!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post. Thanks for all the info. Even though I knew most everything I loved being reminded. Make sure we stay on your blog list.

crack'n up ourselves said...

how many times can it be said that he is soooo cute?

Stacie G. said...

Oh! I love these pics and I love the way you have it layed out! I can't beleive he's a year old already. Please feel free to send me some of your awesome mom tips!