Height: 34.5 in (52%)
Weight: 29.1 lbs (64%)
Head: 19.2 in (53%)
I realize I'm a little late on getting this post up, but these are just a few things I wrote down on his birthday to remember him at this age.
Talents

Brains

Weight: 29.1 lbs (64%)
Head: 19.2 in (53%)
I realize I'm a little late on getting this post up, but these are just a few things I wrote down on his birthday to remember him at this age.
Talents
• Bentley has supersonic ears. Seriously, the boy picks up on the most minute sounds (like a mosquito buzzing in a room full of toddlers). If you don't want Bentley to hear what you are saying then you better make sure that he is asleep.
• He has the memory of an elephant! I cannot even count how many times people have commented on his ability to remember names, past experiences, places, etc... If you tell him your name once, he will remember you forever.
• At least for now, Bentley is very non-confrontational and is great at sharing. When he is in nursery or playing with other kids, he simply does not understand why anybody would just come and grab a toy right out of his hand. Fortunately, he just moves right on to the next thing and does not bother getting too worked up over the exchange. I really hope that this sticks.

Brains
• Bentley is constantly being complimented on how well he speaks. Right now he speaks in phrases and short sentences and it is really fun to talk to him now that we can hold simple conversations with one another. • His favorite phrase is "What's that?" I quite literally hear this question at least 100 times a day. Consequently, he is learning a lot by asking this simple question, but I no longer think it's as cute as I once did :) • He can count to 10, identify all of the basic colors and shapes, and knows all of the capital letters in the alphabet.

Loves
• Bentley LOVES his dog, monkey, and blankets. He spends countless hours toting them around, showing his toys to them, and role-playing with them in his crib. If one of these items ever turned up missing we would all suffer miserably.
• For the past month, we have spent at least one hour out of each day playing on my bed. We jump, make tents out of the sheets, and use the pillows to make mountains and "Bentley sandwiches."
• Bentley loves all things musical. If he hears music, he simply cannot resist the urge to dance and it makes my heart smile to see him dancing around the house. When it comes to the radio, he is partial to R&B and hip hop. Is it bad that his favorite song to hear on the radio is by Eminem?
Miscellaneous
• Bentley still takes a wonderful 3-hour nap each day and would wear his pajamas all day long if I let him. He also requests breakfast (cereal) every night after he takes his bath and before he goes to bed.
• He needs you to acknowledge and repeat everything that comes out of his mouth. For example, if he says "Look Mom, there's a dog." It is not enough for me to say "Yep." Instead, I have to say "Yep, there's a dog." If you don't acknowledge him in this way, he will continue to repeat himself until you do.
• Bentley loves nursery and boogers. I feel like the two go hand in hand.
• He likes to weigh himself every day and as he steps off the scale, he proudly exclaims that he is 28 pounds. I like to have him "read" the scale for me.
• Lastly, he is becoming very independent and wants to do everything "by self" yet he still has no interest in potty training.



10 comments:
Very cute Melanie! He's such a big boy! Love the pictures of him playing with make up and wearing pink! Asher loves to put on makeup and my husband freaks, but it's no big deal!
Thanks for the update! You write down all the right stuff! We miss him, and you guys, so much!
What a fun post to read. He's such a cool kid.
You always do the best blogs! I love the first picture, he is so cute! I'm glad you're blogging again :)
He is the cutest kid!! That first picture of him is the best! Love all the Bentley facts. Ella kept asking who each picture was and the one of the pink tank and sunglasses is throwing her off. She just kept saying, no, that's not Bentley. Haha!
Bentley truly is one of a kind! I love that kid! Good job at recording all these things, it will be fun to look back on as he gets older!
I love the last picture of him in the hat...how CUTE!!! I LOVE the picture of him in the chair too!
Go Bentley! I LOVE that pic of him at the top, WAY TO CUTE! We sure miss that boy! Hope you are doing well and enjoying little Casen! Please let us know if you ever make it to Vegas!!
This was so fun to read! You are so good at this, I feel like I kinda know this funny little guy.
Ok Melanie... isn't Bentley just about 3 now?? :) I keep checking your blog for an update! I want to see pictures of both your cute boys! :)
Post a Comment