Saturday, October 16, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

We've experienced a lot of new things since moving to New Orleans. One of those things being grass. Having moved from Las Vegas, Bentley never really knew the joys of lush landscaping until now! We have a grassy field behind our house that Bentley requests to play in every day. He particularly enjoys rolling down the hills and playing in the grass after it has been cut. He likes how it "tickles" when he lays down in it, but he's most fond of kicking it around and watching it fly up in the air.


This is the face I get when I ask Bentley to say "cheese"

Along with all of the natural landscaping, we are experiencing all sorts of new critters in our own backyard and sometimes in our house! Mosquitos, frogs, mosquitos, lizards, mosquitos, worms, mosquitos, caterpillars. I've stopped counting how many times I've almost stepped on a lizard in my house. John has gotten pretty good at catching them though and Bentley thinks that it's just about the coolest thing ever. Bentley hasn't been successful at catching a lizard of his own yet, but he did manage to remove a tail from a lizard he found running around in his playroom...gross!

Examing their catch before the release

2 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Jared and I laughed out loud when we saw the picture of Bently saying Cheese!

The Haynies said...

I love that picture of Bentley saying cheese! Hilarious!