There is rarely a morning that goes by that Bentley's first words of the day aren't "see daddy!" More often than not John has already left for school and I have to remind him that daddy is at school but he'll be home for dinner. He's usually pretty good about accepting this explanation even though he has no real concept of what school means. I finally decided that it was time for Bentley to visit his dad at this place we always refer to as "school." I still don't think he understands what John does every day, but he sure had fun playing with all of his gear! Since this visit, I often find Bentley putting on his backpack (aka his quiet book for church) and heading for the door while exclaiming that he is going to school. He waves to me, tells me to have fun, says goodbye, and then tries to escape the house without much success. Let's hope that he is still this eager to go to school when the time actually comes!



No comments:
Post a Comment