If you ask Bentley how old he is he will tell you three every time, but thankfully my litte man is only two years old as of August 25th!! How did that happen so fast? Since we had just gotten home from vacation (and our visitors left late the night before his big day) I only had a couple of hours to throw together some birthday plans! We were completely out of food, clean laundry (note his pajama combo), or any sort of birthday surprises. Sensing a rise in my stress level, John offered to go to the store at midnight to pick up a few things to help make Bentley's day a special one!
All in all, it was a successful day. He learned that birthdays are neat for so many reasons--presents, the Happy Birthday song, blowing out candles, and getting spoiled all day! He particularly loved his monkey cake. Just last night he asked if he could have some more monkey cake. Even though I encountered one disaster after another while frosting this cake, I guess it was worth it in the end if he is still requesting monkey cake nearly two months after his birthday! The setting on my camera got changed at some point during the day and most of the pictures turned out grainy, but it's all I have so here is a quick recap of the day's events in pictures:












2 comments:
Melanie! I love when you update your blog with a million posts! I almost started crying when I say Bentley! He is so big! You look awesome and I am so glad John is doing so well in school. We sure miss you guys!
I love that Kid!! He has the best smile and always seems so happy! What a fun birthday.
p.s. you did a great job on his cake!
Post a Comment