Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Halloween didn't go quite as planned this year. I was really excited to dress Bentley up and the two of us spent a lot of time discussing potential Halloween costumes. Unfortunately, we spent even more time buying and returning those costumes. After buying a Mickey Mouse, Nemo, and Lion costume, I just about gave up on the whole idea of Bentley wearing a costume. He was always so excited about them at the store, but when we got home he just wanted to carry them around and REFUSED to put them on.

I finally discovered some sheriff uniform pajamas and decided to make one last attempt at tricking him into wearing a costume. I figured that if it just looked like regular clothes then he would go for it....I was right. He was totally interested in his new pajamas until a couple days before Halloween when I slipped up and referred to them as a "cowboy costume." He wanted nothing to do with them from that point on. I was in charge of playgroup in October so I planned a little Halloween lunch and it was a miracle that I got him to wear the pajames to the playgroup party. However, given the choice to put his "costume" on and go trick or treating or to just stay home, he opted to stay home. So we did. I don't think he completely comprehended the idea of trick or treating or else I'm certain he would have decided otherwise! O'well, maybe next year! Enjoy the few pictures that I did manage to get of him at playgroup.

A portion of the gang that Bentley hangs out with each week at playgroup

The lunch (Mummy dogs, dirt and worms, monster mouths, ants on a log, and candycorn pizza)

No comments: