Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time-out Lineup

At the moment, Bentley cannot live without these six "friends." He will not go to sleep unless all of them are in his crib, and we can rarely get out the door without taking at least one of them with us. I usually ask him to pick one friend to bring with him and his typical response is "bring two of them." Seriously, he is getting so smart! I actually think it's really cute how he tries to include them in everything that he does. When we are doing something that he really enjoys he will often disapper and come running back with one of his stuffed animals so that they can join in on the fun.

Anyway, we recently started time-out with Bentley, and consequently I have stumbled upon this fireplace scene many times during the past month. The following conversation then occurs each time:

Me: Bentley, what are your friends doing?

Bentley: Time-out

Me: Why are they in time-out

Bentley: Naughty

Me: What did they do that was naughty?

Bentley: Touch blinds

I think he's been to time-out a total of 3 times in his life, but apparently the time that we put him there for playing with the blinds made quite an impact on him.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog Melanie!! It was so fun to go back and look at pictures of your famiy :) We're so glad you've moved here!!

Brittany Eisenbach said...

Haha, that is soo cute! I can't believe how much he is talking! Now, I really can't wait to see him!

Karrissa Winward said...

If you aren't going to give us pregnancy updates you better at least put pictures of the new baby on here!!!