Dance party in the living room on Father's Day
We really enjoyed having John at home with us during the 2 month break that he had after finishing dental school. It has been especially hard on Bentley to not have his daddy around 24/7 now that John is back in school. They love each other so much, and Bentley knows that daddy will always be willing to do the fun things (like throwing him up in the air 1,000+ times in a row) that mommy isn't always so inclined or able to do. John is such a good dad and we are so lucky to have him in our lives.
Everytime a birthday or special occasion comes around John requests cheesecake for dessert. Cheesecakes have always intimidated me, so for many years I've gotten away with using the excuse that we don't own a springform pan and therefore I simply can't fulfill his request. However, for father's day this year I finally broke down and bought a springform pan so that I could make him an oreo cheesecake. It looked awesome! I wish I could say the same thing about the taste. Let's just say that I'm glad I decided not to invite people over for dessert that night. After we picked at the oreos, most of the cake went into the trash. Maybe next year babe...this dessert is definitely not a reflection of how we view you as a dad!

No comments:
Post a Comment