Tuesday, July 6, 2010

26 Years!

Another birthday! We celebrated my 26th birthday this year a week after we moved. John wanted to invite some friends over for dessert, but I quickly reminded him that I didn't have any friends yet and the two ortho residents that he knew before moving here didn't count. We tried going out to dinner for my birthday, but it didn't turn out as planned. The first mistake was bringing Bentley (but since we didn't know any babysitters yet we didn't have much of a choice) and the second mistake was deciding to try out a Thai place without knowing anything about the restaurant.

Unfortunately, Bentley was really acting out that day and dinner was no exception. After several meltdowns, John took Bentley outside and I ate my dinner alone. Luckily for John, he didn't have to wait too long for me to finish eating because I couldn't stomach most of the food that we ordered. O'well, at least dessert was yummy! He halved the recipe to one of my favorite desserts and made a delicious carrot cake! John also got me a subscription to Cooking Light and a cheaper replacement ring for my soon to be too swollen ring finger (I always wanted one during my last pregnancy). Thanks to everyone who sent cards, gifts, and birthday wishes via phone, e-mail, etc.!

Nice improvisation on the candles

Ever since my birthday, Bentley has wanted to sing the "birthday song" every day! Each night before he goes to bed he insists that I sing the happy birthday song to everyone he can think of at the moment. The list usually includes some or all of the following: Poppy, Grammy, Braden, Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa, Bentley. You can image how long this takes! I've learned to go ahead and double up on some of the names...

No comments: