Dinner time is getting progressively more frustrating at our house as Bentley gets older. He wants to sit in a big chair, doesn't want to wear his bib, doesn't want to eat what I prepare, needs a squirt of every type of sauce or dressing on his plate whether he will eat it or not, and most importantly he wants to drink out of everyone's cup but his own. The picture above is pretty typical of how many cups he ends up with at any given feeding session. If you know me, you know that I'm a little OCD about germs and I don't particularly enjoy drinking out of a cup full of toddler backwash. So as time went on, I got tired of putting 6 cups (between just the two of us) into the dishwasher after each meal and I decided to put my foot down. The conversation follows:Bentley: Want mommy's cup
Me: Bentley you have a cup just like mommy's, you don't need mine
Bentley: HAVE MOMMY'S CUP!!
Me: You CANNOT have Mommy's cup, if you want a drink you need to use Bentley's cup
Bentley: (thoughtful pause) Mommy share? Share cup?
Just like that, my 22 month old outwit me! We have really been working on sharing lately and he apparently thought that I also needed some help in that department. And so the cup battle continues...
1 comment:
uh oh, your in trouble!
Post a Comment