This past Saturday we decided to take Bentley to the zoo. We've been once before, so when we asked him if he wanted to go to the zoo he got really excited and started jumping around screaming "flamingos, flamingos!" Last time we went it was so hot and most of the animals were hiding in their caves. This time it was a little overcast and we got rained on quite a bit, but it was much cooler and all of the animals were out and about. The zoo here really is pretty awesome. They have so many fun things to do besides looking at the animals so I'm glad we decided to get an annual pass. It is going to take many trips to discover and explore all of the fun things that it has to offer. After two visits, we still haven't seen all of the animal exhibits.
Thank goodness this is the first exhibit you see when you enter the zoo.
These white tigers were so beautiful!
This orangutan family was definitely our favorite exhibit! One of the zookeepers was nearby calling out their names and Bentley soon followed suit. He was screaming "Good morning Daddy! Hi Belize!" as loud as he could and we were all getting a good laugh.

Of course there is an entire section at the New Orleans zoo dedicated to swamp creatures!After we got home from the zoo and Bentley woke up from his nap we headed over to a friend's house for a BBQ/Birthday celebration. They also just moved here for a dental related residency and were lucky enough to find a great rental home with a pool! Bentley loved swimming, the food was great, and we enjoyed meeting new friends!


Later that evening, we met up with some of the other families in John's residency program and drove to a local park to watch the city's firework show. It looked like it might rain, but the weather cooperated and it turned out to be a really nice night! Bentley wasn't quite sure if he liked the fireworks at first. For the first 5 minutes his face looked like this, but he was actually asking for more by the time the show ended:

10 comments:
Wow, looks like quite the zoo! Bentley is looking older already. Looks like you guys are livin it up in LA.
Oh my gosh! I love all the updates, thank you!! You guys have already done so much! And you are having a boy, congrats! We miss you all like crazy!! Your house looks great, I can't wait to see more pictures!
Maybe we need to come for a visit. It looks fun!
I am glad you updated! It is a kind of bitter sweet seeing what everyone is doing because it is sad that we can't hang out. :( boo. BUT I love reading your posts because i can almost hear you telling your stories! Love it! Let me know if ya ever come our way!
Glad to see you're getting all settled in and making friends already. Bentley is so cute. Your stories about Bentley are funny but I know I'll soon be experiencing similar behaviors from Beckett.
Melanie I don't know how you and John make friends so fast. We've lived in our new house since the beginning of may and hardly know anyone including our neighbors across the street (even though she is my visiting teacher!) Glad to see you guys loving the humidity. The one thing I definitely don't miss from houston!
Melanie I didn't know you were going to have a baby! Yay! I am so happy for you guys. You look incredible. Looks like you guys are having a blast and sounds like John loves what he is doing as much as Eric does. We miss you guys!
What you update already? Im dying to see your belly! You've been on vacation.....surely you have something to post about!
Hey! Thanks for the invite (that was fast! ha ha!). I am excited to keep up with you here on your blog (as if I don't see you enough already, lol). You have such a darling little family, I'm so glad you moved here! :)
Melanie we miss having you down the street! Your house looks super nice, and Bentley really is looking so old it's crazy!
Post a Comment