Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Graduation Day

I wish that I was referring to John's graduation from dental school, but unfortunately that's still a year away. Instead, today we are celebrating Bentley's helmet graduation! He was presented with a certificate and all. It came off exactly 8 weeks after it was put on. I definitely see a difference in the shape of his head and I'm glad that we went through with the process. I am so happy to see ALL of his face again. It's incredible how much more expression you are able to see just through his forehead. I also LOVE being able to cuddle him without the helmet getting in the way.

The only downside to all of this is that just a few days ago Bentley learned how much fun it is to pull himself up onto everything in sight and his helmet has offered him a lot of protection from hard falls. He has never worried about running into anything, because the helmet protects him from any pain. Hopefully, he will learn quickly that it doesn't feel good to ram your head into walls and tile floors. Here are some of his before and after pictures:



4 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Congrats! I remember when Lily got hers off. We were very happy but she did get hurt more because she was so used to the protection! He is a cutie!!

Stephanie said...

Wow Melanie,what a difference!! I'm so glad you did it. He is just so cute and I am so sad that I won't be able to see him before he is walking. Love the pics.

Kristi said...

The change is so much more noticeable than I thought it would be! Looks like his brain has more room to grow!

Stacie Hawley said...

Wow...that looks great!! Can I get some info from you about it...Sohpie's head is a little flat...but I don't know if it is enough to worry about. I talked to my doctor and he gave me a referal to the place...cranial technologies...is that where you guys went? Does insurance pay for it? Anyways...any info would be great! Thanks!!
-Stacie