Saturday, January 16, 2010

Berry Run

Every day Bentley and I go on a "berry run." It's become a little ritual for Bentley and it's something that we have to do every single day! He does things in a very particular way and in a very particular order. It usually takes us between 15-20 minutes and goes a lot like this:

Turn left out front door and hit up berry bush #1
Success!
Next stop, knock on neighbors door (thankfully he works during the day)
Hmm, the best way to get to that berry bush is definitely through these bushes here
Made it!
Let's start loading up the hands
No mail
Race across the fake grass to reach the "motherload"
Get distracted by the gate and try to make a break for it Get re-directed by mean Mom
Give the chain a few jingles
Take another indirect route to more berries
Onto his next destination
Could have used the sidewalk, but the wall's more fun
Inevitably run into this guy and his dog...starting to get creepy
Unload the loot into the shovel
Sit back in the swing and watch for airplanes
You probably think it's weird that I documented this, but it's really fascinating to me. He seriously does these things in almost the exact same order every day and while I think it's a bit strange, I also think it's a little cute!

3 comments:

Raquel said...

What a cute post! It's so fun to document the little things. And seriously I remember that guy, he is a little creepy, he must walk his dog 10 times a day!

Karrissa Winward said...

I love that you took pictures of the entire process. That is such a fun memory. And yes, that guy is creepy. Whenever I go to Dayna's he is outside wanting to talk.

Brittany and Colby said...

I loved this blog. It is so interesting to see how he does this routine! What a fun kid.