Friday, December 10, 2010

Casen @ One Month

Casen definitely fit into the classification of "dream baby" for the first three weeks of his life, eating and sleeping like a champ. Then he woke up from that glorious newborn, sleepy state and he has now decided that nursing is not so great!  The poor kid gags, coughs, and chokes through every feeding! I think that this is partly due to my milk flow, but after everything I went through with Bentley I also recognize this (among other things) as a sign that he has reflux.  We recently started him on reflux medicine so hopefully we can nip it in the bud before he decides to go on any nursing strikes!

Unfortunately that's not all, I also started finding specks of blood in his stools this past week. NO, NOT AGAIN! So I've started a no dairy, no soy diet.  I am going to be really strict this time around and stick it out for at least 3-4 weeks to see if that takes care of the problem.  After everything we went through with Bentley, I'm not convinced that the problem is dairy, but I guess we'll know in a few weeks. I've determined that nursing will never be an easy or "natural" thing for me or my babies. Boo!

The only other thing Casen struggles with is the car seat. He absolutely hates the car seat and screams bloody murder anytime we have to go somewhere!  The funny thing about this is that Bentley is completely oblivious to the fact that Casen is even crying.  At first I would worry that he was going to get upset at Casen, but Bentley still acts as though he's the only kid in the car and has this uncanny ability to tune him out.

Regardless of these few issues, we still seem to find a lot of peaceful moments with our little guy.  At this point in time, I'd have to say that his (and my) two favorite baby items are the swing that Nana and Papa bought him, and the sleepy wrap that he gets carried around in for a good portion of each day. If he ever gets fussy, all I have to do is put him in the wrap, bounce up and down for 30 seconds, and watch his eyes drift into dreamland. No joke. I love it!
Stats
Weight: 10 lbs 3 oz
Height: 22.5 in

I kind of wish this came in my size. Doesn't it look so cozy?
The only way I get things done during the day.

No comments: