Friday, November 20, 2009

And now we wait...

I guess it's time to update everyone on what John's been up to during the past couple of months. After we finished up his applications for an orthodontic residency in August, we anxiously waited to hear back from schools regarding interviews. All in all I think that he got interview invites from over half of the schools he applied to! What a smartie pants! He officially accepted 8 of those interviews and started mapping out his trip across the United States! Over the course of 3 weeks (give or take a couple of days) he attended interviews at:

University of Iowa - Iowa City
Nova - Fort Lauderdale, FL
LSU - New Orleans, LA
UT - San Antonio, TX
Baylor - Dallas, TX
St. Louis University - St. Louis, MO
OHSU - Portland, OR
UMKC - Kansas City, MO

Hallelujah the interviews are over! I hated being away from him for so long. Thank goodness for good friends who took care of me while he was away! John had to submit his rank list to the "MATCH" system today and now we are just playing the waiting game. We should be finding out where our next adventure in schooling is going to be on December 2nd!! I can't believe that we have made it to this point. John has worked SO hard to get here and I am so proud that he is my husband! Tune in on Dec 2nd to find out where we're going!!

4 comments:

The Haynies said...

My vote is for Baylor! How much fun would that be if you moved here!?!?!

Meagan said...

How exciting for ya'll! I hope it all goes well. Kansas City is just 40 minutes from here so that would be cool but I'm sure you're excited to go most any of those places!

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Baylor! Baylor! Baylor! It would be so awesome to have you guys here!!

Alicia said...

I hope you guys get your top pick for school! And we loved the Rio buffet. It was our most favorite place to eat!