During the last week of June we were lucky to have Grandma Andrews stay with us when she came into town to interview with the Clark County School District. She is now playing the waiting game, but we are crossing our fingers that she gets a job for this coming fall so that we will be able to live near them at least until we finish dental school.
While Grandma was here we did a lot of house hunting, but in our spare time I somehow managed to con her into making a box-pleat crib skirt for Bentley's crib. You can't imagine how hard it is to find a plain white pleated crib skirt that doesn't have to be special ordered online and cost about $100. I had thought about making one several months ago, but since I didn't even know how to thread my own sewing machine I decided against that idea. I am so glad that she was willing to help me with it, because even now that it is finished I don't think that I would be able to make it again without someone's help. I love how it turned out and I am particularly glad all of the bins being stashed under Bentley's crib are now hidden. Plus, it only cost $20...beat that!

4 comments:
Look at you go! It looks great! I sure do hope she can get a job there, you will love having grandparents close.
That turned out great. What a fun project to have her help you with.
thanks for your sweet comment, I will for sure take you up on your swimming offer.....I look like a sausage in a swimsuit but I'd rather be cool. look at you accomplishing stuff, your an inspiration and your crib skirt looks beautiful!
I've been looking for one of these too--it IS impossible to find an affordable one. GREAT job!
Post a Comment