Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family Reunion: Day One

Before we get into the month of August I need to post about the family reunion we had in Midland, TX over the 4th of July weekend. It was my turn to host the reunion this year and I was so happy that everyone in my immediate family was present! Every time we go back home we have to get our fix of my favorite Mexican restaurant, Rosa's. So as soon as everyone arrived we all packed up and headed out for dinner. We seriously filled up half of the tables at Rosa's. The group (all 39 of us):


The first official day of the reunion started July 3rd. As soon as we woke up in the morning we drove to Colorado City Lake and spent the majority of the day jet skiing, canoeing, tubing, playing, and socializing. We had a really fun time, and were all pretty exhausted by the time we left later that afternoon. Don't let the brown water scare you! It might be dirty, but this lake is one of the warmest lakes that I have ever been to, nevermind the fact that I can't even see my waist once I enter the water!


Tyler, John, and Colby getting ready to tube

Nana & Bentley

Some of the kiddos getting a ride on the canoe


If you notice in the background, the older grandchildren stayed really busy playing some sort of wrestling game on the tube all day.


Papa, Julie, Scott, & Whitney

Jessica, Nana, & Stephanie

Once we got home from the lake and had dinner and got cleaned up we watched "Forever Strong" outback on the shed. We used a projector to get the picture, and a karaoke machine for the sound. Surprisingly, both were decent quality and it was fun to feel like we were at a drive-in!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow Looks like you had a great Family reunion. I'm going to call you next time for ideas!