It has been so much fun for John and I to be able to experience Mother's Day and Father's Day as parents ourselves this year! Bentley and I started out John's day by letting him sleep in (this is a greater gift than you know). Then we made him one of his favorite breakfast meals, breakfast burritos! He was able to take the rest of the day off from some of his parental duties and enjoyed a dinner of his choice and these yummy Oreo Truffles for dessert. John is such a great dad to Bentley and it is so fun to watch Bentley's face light up when John gets home from school. It's not quite as fun to watch him break down into tears when he leaves in the morning, but it's still cute because it just shows me how much he loves his daddy!

This pic was just too cute not to include
I am also SO SO SO grateful for my own Dad. He is the most selfless and energetic man that I know! He is the center of attention anywhere he is because people just gravitate towards his energy. Everytime my family gets together the grandkids just follow him around because they know that the fun is wherever Papa is! I have never known anybody else who likes to entertain as much as he does. He actually grounded me once in high school for not wanting to throw a party for my church friends (I may be leaving out some details, but still)! I'm not sure where this picture is from, but it was no doubt a retro activity that he organized and it just makes me laugh everytime I look at it. I love you Dad!
5 comments:
I was just talking to my friend about those! YUMMY! To bad i don't bake. Anyways....that pic is so cute!
I love that pic of Blaine!!
Sounds like a great Father's Day. :) I thought that Bentley favored John but in those pictures he is really a perfect mix of you two.
10 more days!!
Bentley looks so cute. and I can not believe you have cut his hair so many times, not until parker was almost 2 did he get his first hair cut and he really didn't even need it.
I want a copy of the picture of Dad...That is hilarious!
That picture of your dad is priceless! Uncle Blaine is one of a kind!
Post a Comment