Friday, May 29, 2009

True Love

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary and as a present to John I let him work on my teeth! Haha, yeah right! Although I am his newest patient, he didn't request my presence at the dental school and I am probably his least favorite patient at the moment. Whenever I've had dental work done in the past I was too polite to utter any words of contempt to my dentist, but I don't seem to have any reservations with John. Unfortunately for him, I need a lot of work done so he has to deal with me for at least two more appointments (we've already done 3). I had several cavities and he is pulling out all of my old amalgam fillings and giving me pretty new composite fillings.

I swore that I would never get work done at the dental school (the time committment was the number one deterring factor), but one tooth was killing me and my lack of dental insurance drove me to schedule an appointment. Now that he has three years of school behind him I really do have full confidence in him and he's done a great job so far, but I can't stand those darn rubber dams! I've never experienced one before and they are so uncomfortable! Needless to say, all of the squirming that I do in my chair doesn't necessarily put John at ease while he's working on me but at least he doesn't have to listen to me complain while it's in my mouth. :) John has been praying harder now (more than ever before) that he will get into an Orthodontics residency so that he won't have to continue to be my dentist. Just kidding...as your real anniversary gift I won't complain or squirm at all during my next appointment. Love you!

5 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Melanie- you used a bad word in this post....I'm telling mom!!!

meg said...

Happy Anniversary! Aaron was telling me he saw you at the dental school, but REFUSED to tell me what kind of work you were having done for confidentiality reasons. Anyway, glad it's nothing serious! Love the sunglasses in the chair. And, I think you're brave!

Brittany and Colby said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sure John had his work cut out for him with you as a patient. ha, love you!

Alona said...

Good for you for being a patient! That will be nice to have him be able to do your dental work for you!

Meagan said...

You are totally brave, I applaud you! Did you go back blond? I love your hair, you always do it so cute!