Friday morning Afton and I headed up to Mt. Charleston with the kids to stake out a campground for the night. We made a pretty sad attempt to put up our tents before the boys were able to join us. Considering that Afton is 9 months pregnant and we had two kids to entertain, I'm pretty impressed that we were even able to get up one tent in time for Bentley's afternoon nap. John and Cam got out of school at noon and met up with us for lunch. We finished setting up camp and played card games while Bentley took a nice 2 1/2 hour nap. Once he woke up John basically took our tent apart and finished setting it up according to his standards.
Several of our friends then joined us for the evening, and a few others stayed the night. Bentley was a really good sport about the whole thing especially since I wouldn't let him crawl around on the ground. We had to take a few breaks in the tent to let him expend some of his energy, but other than that he was quite content to watch everything that was going on. The rest of the evening we enjoyed good food and fun company! Bentley actually went down for the night around 7:30 so John and I were able to enjoy S'mores and games around the campfire without a baby!
I wish I could say that the rest of the night went as smoothly...but Bentley woke up screaming soon after we went to bed. He was hungry but his bottle was so cold that it only made him more upset. His screaming then woke up Isaac next door and the two babies continued with a crying match for the next 30 minutes or so. The Taylors finally gave up and decided to drive home for the night (sorry guys)! Bentley eventually calmed down and slept for the rest of the night. Unfortunately, it was so cold that we had to bring him into bed with us and he took up at least half of the air mattress. I think I got about thirty minutes of sleep the rest of the night. When we got home I took a 2 hour nap with Bentley and I still went to bed at 8:30 that night. Although we had a great time, I think that I've decided that we won't be camping overnight again as long as I have a baby who still wakes up to eat in the middle of the night.
I don't think anybody would hit me if they saw these shoes walking down the road in the middle of the night




2 comments:
How Fun!
that looks like sooo much i wish i could go! oh well
your neice Brittany M
Post a Comment