Shortly after getting to Midland, Bentley got such severe diarrhea that I could barely get one diaper and outfit changed before I had to change another one. What's worse is that he WOULD NOT eat and he was getting really dehydrated. By day 3 we were all getting pretty worried about him, and after talking to my pediatrician I decided to take him to the hospital. Sure enough, as soon as we got there he finally decided it was time to drink so we didn't have to stay for long! Thankfully a family friend (who also happens to be a pediatrician) was able to meet us at the hospital and clear him to go home. He didn't fully recover until after we got home so I was pretty stressed and concerned about him the entire time we were in Midland, but we did manage to still have a lot of fun and it's always nice to have mom around for help and comfort during an illness!
I made the decision to take Bentley to the hospital when I spotted him doing this with everyone:

Bentley does not cuddle, so when I walked into the living room and saw him just laying on Aunt Brittany's chest (without protesting) I knew that something was wrong. However, I am happy to report that ever since this incident Bentley now cuddles with me even if it's only for a few seconds at a time. I'll take whatever I can get!
Enough about being sick...Bentley sure loved all of the hugs and kisses that he got from Nana and all of the attention that he got from Papa and the rest of my family. He especially adored his Aunt Brittany and her long hair! It kept him entertained for as long as she was willing to sit there and let him run his fingers through it. He was really drawn to Brittany right off the bat. I think it's because he knows she's pregnant with his future cousin and playmate (we're crossing our fingers that it's a boy!)


Aunt Brittany
Uncle ColbyMy brother, Travis also lives in Midland with his family so Bentley was able to meet them and perform Uncle Travis' trademark baby trick...
What would a trip to Nana's house be without getting measured on the growth chart. He is officially the shortest marking on the board.
A trip home also wouldn't be the same if Papa wasn't around to provide endless entertainment for the grandkids.

We left on the day of President Obama's inauguration, and were thrilled to be welcomed to the airport by this beauty:
Yes folks, that's Air Force One parked at Midland International Airport. Since Midland is President Bush's hometown, he decided to make his farewell speech there before heading off to his ranch. We were lucky that I was even able to catch my flight because they had almost every road to the airport blocked off. We got there just in time to watch Air Force One land and President and Laura Bush get out and wave to the crowds. I captured pictures of them with my cell phone, but you can't make out the images. It wasn't until after they got into their caravan to leave that I realized my real camera was sitting right on the top of my suitcase. O'well, at least I got one decent picture of the plane.Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us invade your home for a few days. We sure miss you and wish that we lived closer! Someday...


5 comments:
Bentley is officially the cutest bushman baby!
Okay so Mason was never a cuddle bug when he was young.....but now! I can't keep him away! So, there is hope. I felt like the crappiest mom because he was always going and would not cuddle. Instead of being held he wanted down. I thought this would be perfect for a secound child. Isaac is the same way as well! so sad...:( Just force him to cuddle with you and eventually he will catch on:)
No way, Air Force One? That is so cool! Bentley is so cute; Alaina was just like him, she would never cuddle with me even a little bit, until I was 8 month pregnant with Jonny, then she always wanted me to hold her, but it was too uncomfortable! Jonny was the opposite and would snuggle all day long.
Wow I was so behind on your blog. Your baby is so cute. My kids never stop moving either.
Fun times at the Bushman's! Bentley is SO cute! Sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment