Christmas morning

Look what Santa left me! My favorite present under the tree!
I finally experienced my first white Christmas! It only took living in Utah for 4 years and 2 trips to New Hampshire to witness this miraculous event. Before opening gifts, we decided to make ourselves useful while the babies were napping by helping out with shoveling the driveway. I actually really enjoyed myself, but John said it best when he said "It's fun to do once, but I'm glad I don't have to do this everyday." The only thing that we have to worry about being on our driveway at home is dirt and the wind takes care of that problem for us.
Hard at work
Once the babies woke up from their naps, the gift opening began. I knew that Bentley would be too young to get excited about opening his gifts, but I wasn't expecting him to react like this:
Hmm...this looks like it could be fun
Nope, I changed my mind! Next year he's getting a roll of wrapping paper. John and I both got some great gifts this year and enjoyed spending Christmas day with his family. After opening presents, we headed out to go snow sledding. Fortunately, John's parents had enough extra snow gear to keep us dry and warm. Sadly, I didn't pick the best location for my first run and my tailbone was seriously injured on the bumpy ride down. I probably should have stayed off all sleds from that point on, but we don't get very many opportunities to go sledding in Vegas so I fought the pain and kept riding. Unfortunately, my rides kept getting cut short by innocent bystanders. Apparently, sleds don't glide as well over flailing appendages as they do on snow. Now almost three weeks later my tailbone STILL aches, but I suppose it was worth the one good run I had at the end of the day when I miraculously made it from the top to the bottom of the hill without running over one single child.

The beastly sled (if that's what you call it) that did me in...
John's mom really surprised all of us. She went down the hill more than anybody else, and we've learned that she has a very real need for speed.
Getting ready to ride
Where was Bentley durring all of this? After a very grumpy Christmas morning, Bentley pulled through for us and spent the entire time sleeping and making sure that our sleds didn't blow away.

Ready to go home and get warm


2 comments:
ok! Your little baby boy is such a cutie! He looks just like your husband, no doubt about it! Looks like you guys had fun over the holidays!
Hahahaha, I can just see you barrelling down the hill ramming into poor little children. Way to go Melanie, ruining a poor kids Christmas! Just kidding :)
Post a Comment