Monday, May 5, 2008

FAMILY FUN

Last week John's family came to visit us during their spring break. Although we were only able to have them around for a couple of days, we had a lot of fun packing in as many activities as we possibly could. Despite the horrible winds on Thursday, John and his dad braved the weather and went golfing while Bethany, Braden, and I went to storytime at the Aliante library followed by a trip to the Dinosaur park. Braden had a lot of fun feeding/chasing the ducks and going down the big boy slides.

On Friday we got up early and headed down to the strip for a few hours. We first stopped by the Bellagio to check out their garden. John and I love to go and see the different themes that they do for each season. Right now they have an awesome butterfly themed garden with an enclosed atrium where you can view all different varieties of real butterflies.

Check out that snail in the background made of roses

A ladybug made out of carnations

No, we did not plan to match our outfits...

After the Bellagio garden we headed over to M&M World to watch their free 3-D movie. I don't know if it was just my glasses, but I don't know how anybody could sit through an entire full-length 3-D movie without getting a headache. Fortunately, this one was only 10 minutes.

The boys at M&M World

We checked out a few more sites and then headed home to run some errands. John and his dad were able to take care of a long to-do list that John has been compiling since before finals. They replaced the wheels on our car, "fixed" one of our ceiling fans (it wasn't actually broken, but John and I needed someone smarter than us to figure that out), hung some artwork in the nursery, and installed our new water filter. Yay!

Later that day we all went swimming, made homemade pizzas for dinner, and played games that night. John and I had a lot of fun with his family and are SO grateful for everything that they did for us while they were here. I was especially grateful that they came because it meant that John had to take a break from studying for the boards. It was so nice to hang out with my husband again for a couple of days. Only 2 1/2 more weeks to go until I get my husband back!!

2 comments:

John said...

Thanks for a wonderful time and we are glad we could help with home projects. You two are a wonderful blessing in our lives and appreciate the hard work adn sacrafices you are making now. Remember, it won't be easy, but worth it in the long run. Dad and Mom

Alona said...

I love the cute picture of you and John and your cute pregnant belly! That's so exciting!