As of today, John only has 17 days left until he takes the first part of his dental board exams! John has been studying for this exam intermittently since Christmas and as soon as finals ended a couple of weeks ago he has done nothing but eat, sleep, and study...literally. He leaves to go study at the church before I'm even awake, and then I count down the hours until I will get to spend a few minutes with him at dinner. As soon as dinner is over he is back to business and locks himself away in his study room upstairs until we meet up again to sleep. This has steadily been his routine for the past two weeks and I can't wait for him to be done. I had a breakdown after only two days into his first week of studying, but have since found better ways to cope with the situation (a.k.a. swimming, friends, and shopping)!

I am amazed by John's dedication to his education and I've realized that since starting this blog, I haven't really posted much about John's life during these past two years in Vegas. This is mostly because I feel like all he ever does is study, and since I am able to stay sane by trying to block this aspect out of my life, I haven't really mentioned any of his happenings. However, now that John is HALFWAY through dental school, and almost through the worst of it, I feel the need to brag about all that he has accomplished (probably against his will).
Although I don't always appreciate all of the time that he puts into studying, I really am proud of him and it's nice to know that his hard work has been paying off. In addition to maintaining a top ranking in his class, he has also been extremely involved in many school activities and associations. He's on the executive council of two dental school clubs and he just recently won the top award at the dental school's research day. They're even going to fly him to San Antonio in October to present it at the national convention. This year he was also invited to be a member of the Smith Honor Society which recognizes the top 10% of students at his school.
On top of it all, he has been an AMAZING husband and friend to me. He is always considerate of my needs and would never think about putting school before me. Although this may be of no interest to you...I want him to know that I think I have the best husband ever!
2 comments:
What a cute post for a cute husband!
This is so funny because Rock has the exact same "table/Desk" to study too. Love your blog. CAn I add yours to mine?
Post a Comment