Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FOOD STORAGE

Help! I'm trying to assemble a food storage plan for John and I while there's still rice and flour left at Costco...not really, but I do need to get started. Therefore, I need your help finding some decent food storage recipes (breakfast or dinner). As much as I appreciate the Church sponsored food storage recipe pamphlets, I get the feeling that there are much tastier options floating around out there. So, if you have a favorite food storage recipe that you've tried, please send it my way. All that I've come up with so far is Spaghetti...

4 comments:

The Ratpack said...

Hey Melanie! This is Sarah Tanner from early high school! I randomly came across your blog, and I'm so excited! I recently started a blog too, I'm just trying to get the hang of it and make time to post! Congrats on your baby- you look adorable pregnant!

crack'n up ourselves said...

I don't know about recipies but, you could store stew and corn bread muffin mix, Betty Crocker Homestyle complete meals ( all in a box), tuna casserole, soup and crackers, the stuff for mom's shepards pie, homemade pizza (pepperoni freezes well).

Annie said...

That is so funny, cuz just last night we went to Costco and spent 200 dollars all on food storage. We feel a whole lot better. I don't really cook though so we just got canned goods, cereal, and peanut butter.

Alona said...

I'll see what I can find. One of the counselors in our bishopric's wife is sort of an expert on this stuff. She's written several books on emergency preparedness. They actually used to live in Midland - the Driggs. Do you remember them?