Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the loss of my big brother, Chad. For those of you who didn't know him, he passed away at age 25 of a rare and tragic form of sarcoma cancer. Although I don't want to share all of my personal feelings regarding the impact that his death has had on my life during this past year, I do want to pay a short tribute to one of the greatest people I've ever known. I've been thinking about him a lot lately, especially during this past week leading up to today.For those of you who knew him, you know what I mean when I say that Chad had a presence about him that was completely infectious. He was the life of any party and could get a crowd of people laughing in a matter of seconds with his goofy antics. I still hear his silly phrases very clearly in my head and they continue to make me laugh. His optimism during his battle with cancer never ceases to amaze and inspire me. I know Heavenly Father blessed us with additional time with him here on earth so that we could learn from his example. This experience has certainly shown me the importance of cherishing every minute that I spend with family and friends.
There's a lot to say about the amazing life that my brother led, but I'm content to end this post by saying that I miss and love him! I'm not sure how I will pay tribute to him today, but I think that it will most likely involve Cheez Whiz. Those of you who knew him will completely understand. :)
8 comments:
What a cute post! He sounds like an amazing person!
Melanie,
Hey Cheez Wiz sounds good! Don't forget the Little Debbie Snacks-- he had a stash of them hidden in his room when he lived with us for a week.
Julie
Great post Mel..we miss you guys!
Whit
What a sweet post!! Your brother sounds like a GREAT guy!!
Bacon Cheddar was his favorite... I was always appalled at that!!! He also liked to stash/hide butterscotch and chocolate chips behind cans in our cupboards. I always knew where they were but never told him that I knew....I liked to let him think he was so darn sneaky! Anyways, I loved your comments mel, very sweet. He loved you so much and I loved the picture. have a great week. Let me know what you find out at the doctor on Tuesday! love you. jessica bushman
Thank you for the post! We still laugh at the story of Chad and your dad driving up to Oklahoma for the surgery and getting pulled over.
I am sure glad we have the gospel in our lives! I am sure he taking care of the little one for ya!
Awesome story. What an example for all. Good luck with the baby.
Luv ya, Aunt Ilene
Post a Comment