Tuesday, March 4, 2008

GIRL'S NIGHT OUT

Doesn't that look delicious? We thought so too! This past Friday night I got together with Amanda and Afton for a girl's night out. Our husband's are swamped with midterms this week, so we wanted to give them a night to study without any distractions (yes, I am a very big distraction...oops). Anyway, we decided to go to Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and I discovered that if you sign up for their newsletter they give you a free Messy Sundae coupon! Being the selfish and pregnant woman that I am right now, I didn't want to share my sundae so I shared the good news with my friends and told them to get their own coupons!

Well we headed off to the restaurant, had a fabulous dinner, and then we each ordered our very own LARGE sundae. Keep in mind that this dessert could easily be shared by 3 or 4 people. It took two waitresses to bring them all out and the people sitting next to us instantly started whispering and giving us bewildered/disgusted looks. Another waiter even walked by, did a double take, and let out a loud "OH MY GOODNESS!" We didn't let that stop us though and we each pretty much finished off our desserts. I probably shouldn't admit that, but hey, two out of three of us are pregnant and I've been told that being pregnant gives me the excuse to eat whatever I want (so untrue, but nice to fall back on at times like this)! That's what I call a great girl's night out!

7 comments:

Alona said...

I totally agree! You have to splurge sometimes and that sundae looks like just the ticket!

w said...

Ooh...yummy! Sounds like fun :) When are we gonna see some belly pics? I wanna see my niece or nephew in there . Alright, we love you guys!

Karrissa Winward said...

That looks delicious!!! What a fun girls night out!

Raquel said...

How fun! I love that excuse to eat what you want when your pregnant! I would also love to see some belly pictures! I love pregnant bellies, so cute! I am really looking forward to moving next door to you guys! We signed the papers last week! Yeah!!

taylors said...

MANNNN! I totally missed out! that would have been a nice desert for my pathetic state last week! And yes Melanie....you can eat WHATEVER you want! The baby loves the chocolaty goodness!

crack'n up ourselves said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crack'n up ourselves said...

Melanie:

Do us all a favor, and make a new post on your blog. The reason I say this is that I am tire of seeing that Sundae every time I check your blog. I have been on a diet, and have been loosing weight, and the only way I can manage is by not snarfing down things that look like that Sundae. Yet, the temptation is just too much. I have to go, I think I just spilled ice cream on my keyboard...

Jason Meldrum