John mentioned that he was beginning to notice a trend to my blogging, so I promise not to mention any food items during this post except to mention that my BBQ pizza recipe has now been posted in my online recipe box for those who requested it. Anyway, this past weekend, John and I went to a Spring fling that one of the dental school clubs hosted. It was a Casino Royale theme so everyone dressed up for our evening out. Although the food was nothing to rave about, we had great company at our table and had a lot of fun mingling with friends.
After dinner, the tables were converted into blackjack tables for some fun and games. Don't worry Mom, we didn't gamble any money...we were all given the same amount of poker chips and the biggest winner at the table after 20 minutes of playing won a giftcard. Unfortunately, at the end of our 20 minutes I was tied with another player and he won the final showdown. It's definitely a good thing that the church cautions us to stay away from gambling, because I could see myself becoming a quick addict. I'm so competitive and I think my strong desire to win would really hurt me in the end. Regardless, we had a lot of fun mixing up our date night and doing something different for a change.


3 comments:
When are you going to start looking pregnant? As your big brother, I need something to tease you about.
I did notice that you wrote about food in your non-food post. Looked like a lot of fun and made Whitney and I jealous
So much fun!! We need to get together more often!!
Melanie,
Sounds like a good time! Are you growing your hair out? It looks longer in your picture.
Post a Comment