I had my laparoscopy done yesterday and I'm still alive! Even though I've had 4 other surgeries over the past two years, I was particularly nervous about this one. I almost cancelled the surgery because I kept on having these thoughts that I was going to die. I really need to learn to be more optimistic. It didn't help when my doctor started chanting a funeral processional as they were rolling me into the operating room. I got onto him and he quickly responded by saying that it was a funeral processional for my pain. Funny man...punk.
Fortunately, the pain is pretty manageable today. Honestly, the worst part about this whole ordeal was the bowel prep that I had to do on Tuesday. The soda that you have to drink is awful and I could barely keep it down. Everyone keeps asking me what it tasted like and all I can come up with is poison. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted and they won't let you eat anything to get rid of the taste. It makes me queasy just thinking about it.
Obviously the surgery itself went well, but my doctor said that my endometriosis had gotten really bad. He told me that I was beautiful on the outside, but really ugly on the inside. In addition to the endo, he told me that my uterus was flipped the wrong way and that I had a lot of blood and other "gooey stuff" that shouldn't have been in there. I was pretty loopy so we didn't talk about what it all meant as far as me being able to get pregnant, but I'll be seeing him in a week so hopefully I'll have an update then.
I am so fortunate to have a loving husband! He has taken care of me so well through all of my surgeries. I'm also grateful for my awesome friends who are taking care of me. Thank you for the meals!
Fortunately, the pain is pretty manageable today. Honestly, the worst part about this whole ordeal was the bowel prep that I had to do on Tuesday. The soda that you have to drink is awful and I could barely keep it down. Everyone keeps asking me what it tasted like and all I can come up with is poison. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted and they won't let you eat anything to get rid of the taste. It makes me queasy just thinking about it.
Obviously the surgery itself went well, but my doctor said that my endometriosis had gotten really bad. He told me that I was beautiful on the outside, but really ugly on the inside. In addition to the endo, he told me that my uterus was flipped the wrong way and that I had a lot of blood and other "gooey stuff" that shouldn't have been in there. I was pretty loopy so we didn't talk about what it all meant as far as me being able to get pregnant, but I'll be seeing him in a week so hopefully I'll have an update then.
I am so fortunate to have a loving husband! He has taken care of me so well through all of my surgeries. I'm also grateful for my awesome friends who are taking care of me. Thank you for the meals!
6 comments:
oh girl I know what you mean about that bowel prep stuff! I is HORRIBLE!!! Anyways I am glad that you are good and that you are feeling somewhat better! I was going to call but didn't want to bother you! You would probably not even remember that I called anyways! See you tonight! Hopefully you can get out of the house sat!
nichole
Let me know if I can do anything! I really would love to help!
I hate hearing that my little sis is in pain. It's good to know that you have a good doctor - even if his humor was ill-timed. I hope you there is good news in store next week. We love you and will be praying for you.
I'm so sorry Melanie! I hope things work out and you get answers to your questions. Good luck and keep us updated.
Hey there!! We are so glad that the surgery went well!! This is Nate and Stacie Hawley by-the-way! Ha ha...we found out a few of the other dental students had blogs and were really excited!! And...ha ha...we were at the UNLV vs. BYU game too...TRUE BLUE fans as well! Here is our blog:
hawleyfamily2002.blogspot.com
Mel...I was thinking about you and wondering about the endo! I'm so sorry that you had to have another laproscopy...those are no fun! My thoughts are with you...down with endo!
Post a Comment