Monday, October 15, 2007

Mmm...


On the 2nd Sunday of every month all of the 2nd year dental student couples in our area get together for dinner. Yesterday was my turn to host it and I decided to go with a semi-Thanksgiving dinner theme. I even made my first pumpkin pie! It was delicious and one of the easiest desserts that I’ve ever made (especially since I bought the pie crusts). If you’ve never attempted to make pumpkin pie, this is definitely an easy and good recipe to start with:

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

INGREDIENTS
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, EAGLE BRAND®, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
3. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

3 comments:

taylors said...

It was soooooooooo yummy!

Lexie said...

I have been wanting to make pumpkin pie and I am so excited to try your recipe! I'm so glad we can keep up on what you guys are doing... sounds like things are going well!

Karrissa Winward said...

Looks delicious- I am very impressed!