It looks so uncomfortable and I was worried that he was going to have a hard time adjusting, but from the moment we put it on him he hasn't even seemed to notice that it's there. Honestly, I think that it has been harder for me than it has been for him. It definitely changes his look and I can no longer give him kisses all over his head. I have also learned the hard way that innocent cuddling (aka head butting) can easily leave you with a split slip. I am now perfecting the art of the "dodge".
This is Bentley getting ready to take 3D images of his head. These images are then used to make his band (thank goodness technology has advanced and we didn't have to get a mold of his head). They put this silly mesh mask over his head for the images and I couldn't stop laughing at him. He looked like a little bank robber in training.
The band only comes in white, but this makes it look so "medical" for me so we quickly got to work painting his helmet this weekend. I picked out the paint and decals, but John did all of the hard work. He is such a perfectionist that I knew he would do a better job than I would. Three layers of acrylic paint and five layers of mod podge later...here are the before and after shots:

John did an awesome job, and I think the band looks so much better now. Good think Bentley is cute enough to pull off the helmet look! Do you think that all of our attempts at brainwashing Bentley into going to BYU will work?

8 comments:
oh what a great idea. the helmet looks darling.
Looks great!!
Coolest helmet ever!
I swear, he is the cutest kid ever!! I just love his pretty eyes. He can definitely pull off the helmet look!
Kids with hats are the CUTEST!!!! Be sure to take lots of pictures and submit them to the calendar contest, he'll be sure to win a spot in next years!!!
Melanie, Lily had to have the exact same helmet. She only wore it for maybe three months! I will have to find some pictures of her and email them to you. So true that is is harder for the parents than the kids! After Lily got her helmet on she was put in a body cast for 2 years. Could you imagine how people would have looked at us with a child in a body cast and a helmet. What we go through for these sweet kids I tell you. He is adorable. You will be glad you did the helmet!
He looks like part of the team!
That's the cutest helemt I've ever seen! What a stud!
Post a Comment