John and I were able to spend our Christmas break this year with my family in Texas. We had such a great time relaxing and playing with family. Every year for as long as I can remember, my family (along with friends and relatives) goes Christmas caroling on Christmas eve. My dad lines a utility trailer with haystacks and blankets and we all bundle up and pile onto the trailer to travel from house to house. The oddest thing about this tradition is that we aren't necessarily a singing family (yes, Brittany you are the exception), but as long as we remember to sing the right words to the right tune, we end up sounding pretty decent. However, these past two years it seems like we've unintentionally started a habit of mixing words and tunes. When this happens we just stop in the middle of the song, laugh, and get back on the trailer. You'd think with 20 people we could get it right, but at least we only sing to people we know so they can laugh with (at) us too.
Afterwards, we always end the night with hot chocolate and snacks at my parents' house. This was always such a fun tradition for me as a child, but I think that I actually enjoyed it this year more than ever. Thanks Dad for forcing us to keep the tradition alive!
1 comment:
I love it! We need to join you on that tradition sometime! :)
Post a Comment