After meeting with my doctor today, I finally feel more comfortable sharing our good news with everyone! We found out that I was pregnant on Christmas day, which was by far the best gift we received that day! Most of you know that we've been going through fertility issues for the past year and a half, so we are EXTREMELY grateful to be pregnant. Right now I am 10 weeks pregnant with a September 2nd due date. It was fun (and reassuring) to see the baby being very active and kicking it's legs around during the ultrasound today. We want to thank everyone who has been praying for us, and I especially want to thank my friends here in Vegas who have taken care of me after my surgeries.
On a sidenote, shortly after telling my family that I was pregnant I was talking to my mom on the phone and she shared a really sweet story with me about my brother during the days leading up to his death. The day that I had my first miscarriage was also the day that he received more bad news regarding his cancer, and I was so touched to hear that he wept for me when he heard of my news even though he had much bigger trials of his own to be concerned about.
Anyway, I recently found out that a couple of days before he passed away he told his wife that when he got to heaven he was going to do everything in his power to help me get pregnant. He has always been the kind of person to think about everyone else but himself, and I give a lot of credit to him for petitioning my case on the other side. I truly believe that he has been watching over me and I am so grateful to have him as one of my angels.
17 comments:
Yeah!! Whitney and I have had your in our thoughts ever since hearing the good news. It's wonderful to see that everything is going well. Ultrasounds is when it starts to seem real. Congrats!
Hooray! That story was so touching, definitely brought tears to my eyes!
Melanie, that is wonderful news, congratulations! That is also very sweet about your brother.
HOORAY for babies!! I am so excited for you, our little babies are going to be SOOO close!! I think you are just two weeks behind me!! And - what a great brother...he was just up there working his magic!
Melanie, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog every once in a while. I love reading up and hearing good news from all my old friends! I've seen your link connected to many of the people I have on my blog. Anyway, I just wanted to offer my congratulations. I can only imagine what a trying experience you've been through and reading about your baby brought tears to my eyes. I wish the best for your sweet little family and look forward to more good things on your blog in the future!
Mindy Livingstone
I am so excited for you guys! I am glad all is going well. What would we do with out family and prayer?!? I know I am so grateful everyday.
Not only are we there for you after your surgeries but you can depend on us to babysit! We owe you BIG! We are so excited to add another to the gang! What are we going to do for Sunday dinners?
So happy for you Melanie! Congratulations. The story about what your mother told you about your brother was so touching. You must love knowing he's up there looking over you.
Congrats!! I'm really happy for you guys! Your such a cute little family! I'm so excited to be your new neighbors soon!
Amanda and I are so excited for you both! Thanks for sharing that story about you and your brother. It was very moving to say the least.
AwEsOmE!!!! Your sister Michelle told us (cousins) at Saundra and Melisa's baby shower last Saturday and my eyes started moistening up right away. I am sooooooooo excited and happy for you! Congrats and we'll continue to keep you in our prayers. Sorry your so sick though, at least it's worth it:)
Melanie, CONGRATS! That is so exciting! How neat to hear about your brother too. Thank you for sharing. I am so excited for you guys!
Congrats Melanie! We are so excited for you! I hope you aren't sick for too long, and that everything continues to go well!
Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so excited. I've been hoping that you guys would be able to have a baby. Congrats! I hope you don't stay sick long
Hey - so you have to check the chart again!! I had it wrong at first - it is supposed to be the month you conceived and the age you conceived!! SORRY!! Check again and let me know!!
I found your blog on Marjorie's blog, I hope it's okay that I've been checking up on you. What an incredible story. I'm wishing you the very best, the spirit was so strong when I was reading your entry, thanks for sharing! We'll be praying for your little family.
Congratulations! What great news! I loved the Chad story as well. What an awesome guy!
Post a Comment