Christmas was wonderful as usual this year. My sister and her husband were also able to come home for Christmas and we had such a fun time doing things with the two of them. They are newlyweds and are both from Midland so for the first time they got to see what it's like trying to divide vacation time between two families. I always thought that it would be so nice if John and I were from the same city, but after watching the two of them juggle their time, I realize that it's not always as great as it might seem. They did a great job of spending time with both families, but of course I wish that they could have been with us the whole time.
While we waited for Brittany and Colby to finish up opening presents at his parents' house, we went over to my older brother's house to watch his family open gifts. It's always so fun to watch little kids get so excited about opening gifts. My favorite repeated line was from my nephew, Tanner. It seemed like he wanted every gift his little brother, Chanler, was getting. Each time Chanler opened a present, Tanner would see it and shout "Are you sure that had the right tag on it? Are you sure that doesn't have my name on it?"
After we watched them open all of their presents, we met up with Brittany and Colby at my parents' home and opened up our own presents. My parents were so generous to us this year. Thanks for everything! Unfortunately for John, almost every gift he got was school related, but he still seemed to get pretty excited over his new backpack, notebook mouse, and Crocs! I got a lot of nice gifts too and loved being home for Christmas this year. I don't always realize how much I miss my family until I spend time with them. I have the best family!


2 comments:
Sounds fun! Jared was able to spend time with his bro as well. It was a good time unfortunately our families live too close together! It makes it REALLY hard!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!! It is always so nice to be home with family over the holidays. How was the drive?
Post a Comment