Last night John excitedly yelled for me to come and watch Bentley's new trick for geting out of the dreaded tummy time:
Now that he knows how to roll onto his back I doubt that we'll ever be able to get him to do tummy time again. He absolutely HATES spending more than 10 seconds doing anything on his tummy. Hence, the flat head...it's beginning to worry me (see profile shot in mullet post below). Anybody else have a baby whose flat head corrected itself on its own? My dad suggested making him sleep in a football helmet, hmm...no thank you.
9 comments:
I suggest getting a Bumbo. They are awesome. I got one from some ladies I worked with and I thought it was dumb but decided to try it out and loved it. It helps support babies that aren't big enough to support themselves sitting up so they don't end up on their back all day.
http://www.target.com/gp/search/178-1290689-9857217?field-keywords=bumbo&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=7&y=16
Way to go Bentley! He can even roll both ways, that is awesome! Yeah, I love the Bumbo chair and you can borrow Kylie's helmet if you need to! :)
Go Bentley! It is so fun with they can do something besides sit there!
Yeah a bumbo chair definitely makes things a little better, plus it will give Bentley a brand new way to view the world around him, and work on his being able to situp on his own. :)
Gibson had such a flat head at one point that our pedi was going to give us a recommendation of a doctor to see to get it corrected by wearing a helmet. Needless to say it shaped itself out all round and pretty, and we arent having any more troubles.
Good luck, and congrats on the rolling over milestone!
Melanie, Cut kid! They grow up so fast. My little Lily wore a helmet to correct her flat spot. She wore it for about 3 months and it did wonders. Hers was really flat at an angle though. I would just talk to your doctor. Todd's son wore one too. I say it is better than them growing up having a flat head the rest of their life to spend a couple months in an ugly helmet! Good luck
Heather
Rachel's little boy, Jack, had to wear a helmet for a while b/c his head was flat in the back. It was sad to look at him with his sweaty head and it looked uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to mind it and now his head looks normal.
Thats so awesome! He is such a cutie!
Ok...so Sophie still can't roll over - he is so advanced!! She just likes to watch us encourage her to do things - looking at us like - why would I ever do that when watching you make such a fuss is so much fun! Ha. Anyways - Sophs head is pretty flat too - I am going to ask about it at her doctors appt. next week - I'll let you know what they say.
that is soooooo cute i can't stop watching that
Post a Comment