This past weekend we headed up to Mt. Charleston with some friends from the ward to go camping. We've been wanting to go for awhile and I told John that this was the last weekend I would be willing to go before the baby comes, so we packed up our air mattress and mattress topper and went camping! John was a little embarrassed that we brought these luxury items with us, but after sleeping in comfort he's decided that we'll never go on another camping trip without them.
We had lots of fun with great company, great food, and great weather. It was so nice to escape the Las Vegas heat. I can't believe we experienced such cool weather only 30 minutes from our house! We made tin foil dinners and some of the couples made dutch oven desserts (apple crisp and upside down pineapple cake) to share with everyone, yum! We wrapped up the night with S'mores and stories about bigfoot. It doesn't get much better than that!
Tiffany, me, Karrissa, Christine, & Afton
We've got to get some of those dutch ovens

If you look closely, you'll see the sides of our 2-man tent bulging from the mattress...not much room for anything else.
2 comments:
It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys have done some fun stuff in Vegas. That's something I regret we didn't do more of. I love your shorts Mel. Where did you get them. I could NEVER find cute maternity clothes....that were affordable. What do you guys need for your baby. I love shopping for newborns! You look great!
I love your cute pregnant belly! Your trip sounds like fun!
Post a Comment