Around 6:30 a.m. this morning I awoke to loud, hurried footsteps running up the stairs. John burst into our room exclaiming, "It's here!" Today (via e-mail) we found out where John's orthodontic residency is going to be, and I must say that it didn't come a minute too soon. It's all that John has been able to think about for months!
So, where are we going you ask? Think jazz music. Think Mardi Gras. Think food. Think hurricanes! Yes folks, we're moving to New Orleans! I can't believe it. I am scared silly and John is silly with excitement! Regardless, we are both excited to finally know where we are going and we're blessed to be going to such an incredible orthodontic program. John loved his interview there and couldn't stop talking about how great of a program it was and how much he wanted to be there! Better yet, it is only two years and it's actually one of the few programs that pays you a small stipend rather than charging you for tuition. Congratulations honey! All of your hard work has paid off!
So, where are we going you ask? Think jazz music. Think Mardi Gras. Think food. Think hurricanes! Yes folks, we're moving to New Orleans! I can't believe it. I am scared silly and John is silly with excitement! Regardless, we are both excited to finally know where we are going and we're blessed to be going to such an incredible orthodontic program. John loved his interview there and couldn't stop talking about how great of a program it was and how much he wanted to be there! Better yet, it is only two years and it's actually one of the few programs that pays you a small stipend rather than charging you for tuition. Congratulations honey! All of your hard work has paid off!
13 comments:
congratulations!! I am so excited for your new adventure!
YEAH!!!! Good for you guys! Melanie you are one brave girl to endure another 2 years!
Congrats! I'm bummed that you're not coming to Dallas, but you'll still be in driving distance, so we'll have to come visit!
Congrats! I'm bummed that you're not coming to Dallas, but you'll still be in driving distance, so we'll have to come visit!
Yay for an excuse to go to New Orleans!!!! Congrats guys!!!!!
Wow, thats so exciting! What an amazing adventure you guys are going to have there! Congratulations!
Congratulations! That is so exciting to finally know what your plans are. Way to go John!
Congrats! That is so exciting and what a relief to know where you are going! Just think of all the memories and stories you will have! :)
Yeah!! I am excited for you and to hear about all your adventures!
Congrats! That's so exciting to know where your going. You'll have to keep us updated!
CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you guys!! It is so nice to know where you are going but so CRAZY!! GOOD LUCK and be prepared!! Because I thought and I was prepared for Kourt to be gone! I did not prepare enough!! But it's good and he loves it 3 1/2 more years and counting!! again CONGRATS you did as much work as he did so CONGRATS TO you to!
Congrats! That's not too super far from Houston! I'll have to come visit you sometime! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
Congratulations! You're going to have so much fun!!!! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment