I probably shouldn't admit this to the blogging world, but the other day I looked down at my stomach in disgust. I assumed that once I had Bentley it would magically shrink back to its pre-pregnancy shape. After reflecting on this for a few minutes I finally decided that my stomach looked so abnormally pudgy that I must be pregnant. So I did the only logical thing one would do in this situation...I took a pregnancy test based on no other symptoms other than a fat belly. Yes, as I waited the three minutes for the results I actually started panicking about not being prepared for another baby. The three minutes came and went and oops...apparently I'm just fat! It looks like the time has finally come when I am no longer immune from weight gain. My new game plan looks something like this:
Exercise - Daily bowl of ice cream = Flat stomach
I just have to muster up enough motivation to dust off the eliptical sitting in our office and put it to good use. Wish me luck!
I just have to muster up enough motivation to dust off the eliptical sitting in our office and put it to good use. Wish me luck!
12 comments:
That is really funny!! I love the honesty and don't worry you are not alone. I have thought that same thing many times! Let's motivate each other ok? Don't you wish we could just exercise daily and still eat a bowl of ice cream?!?
And by the way, you don't look pregnant at all!!
That cracked me up! WE all know how you feel. So Good Luck!
It's good to know others don't just "magically" fit into pre-pregnancy clothes either. Good-luck, I'll bet you're harder on yourself than others. Can't always tell too well from pictures, but I think you look great!
Sooo funny!! Sorry you feel that way but you must know that you look great and it will come off. I wish I had an eliptical. The first week or so will be hard to stay on a schedule but it gets easier.
Bently is so adorable and so grown up!! I can hardly wait to meet him! I am so glad that all went well at the hospital and you can put some of your worried aside.
Um......funny story...... I did the same thing last week. Pregnancy test and all. I seriously felt like I was reading a page out of my own life!
You're hilarious! I'm sure you look great! :)
You are hilarious, period!
I totally know what you mean! I lost my baby weight mainly by managing my portions when eating. But unfortunately your body just doesn't go back to normal! I carried Asher way out in front and I told my husband that when we are done having kids I'm requesting plastic surgery as a thank you! :)
What!? That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! your so tiny but I love that you thought you were pregnant!
Melanie- I found your blog link on Dana's blog. This post is so funny. I think everyone has who has been pregnant is is nodding in agreement as we look down at our bellies. We just started a blog too. It's private, so if you want an invitation, email me at jennifergrandy@gmail.com.
if you think this one's bad, wait til your second! seriously i hate it when people say that. but honestly --- maybe it's just me and my laziness, but everytime I look down only one word comes to mind: flabby.
Post a Comment