Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

My baby boy is already 6 months! It's been a blast watching him learn new things and seeing his personality develop, but I'm not so sure that I'm ready for him to grow up yet! I am really enjoying this stage of innocence that he is in right now, and I don't look forward to having to introduce any form of discipline. Maybe he will be a perfect child like I was and I won't have to, right mom? I can't get over how stinkin' cute this kid is so you are just going to have to endure scrolling through all of the photos!

His 6 month stats:
Weight 18 lbs 10 oz
Height 27.5 in
Head 17.25 cm

At 6 months, Bentley:
-can army crawl with the best of them
-sits unsupported (though he's still a bit wobbly)
-enjoys makeshift toys more than real toys (i.e. papertowel roll, grocery bags, door stoppers)

-puts his pacifier back in by himself
-loves anything to do with the outdoors
-can grab his feet

-is ticklish all over his back
-looks forward to getting the mail each day
-splashes anyone within 5 ft of him at bathtime

-is learning how to drink out of a sippy cup
-prefers his blanket to any toy or person (I have to trick Bentley into cuddling with me by draping it over my shoulder)

-will only sit still for a diaper change if I sing "Popcorn Popping" with motions
-seems to be allergic to everything but rice cereal (i.e. squash, oatmeal, carrots, pears, apples) and the list continues to grow each week. This is a topic for another post.
-drools like a champ

-loves books (even if all he wants to do while we read to him is eat them)
-still has no teeth
-smiles for the camera anytime I say "oopsie daisy." For whatever reason he thinks this is hilarious, and I keep doing it so that I can continue to enjoy pictures like this:

9 comments:

w said...

I can't believe he's 6 months already! And I know I say this every time but he is seriously the cutest thing e.v.e.r. I love all the pictures of him :)

taylors said...

it's about time you post! :) I am so glad that he is healthy in other ways! Isaac is so lazy and doesn't do half of that stuff! LOVE IT!

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh, his smile makes my heart melt!!

Callie & Gerod said...

He is so absolutely adorable! I love all the precious pictures. Just treasure it... I swear they just grow up way too fast. I wish there was a slow motion button we could push, but there isnt... I have already checked!

Alicia said...

He totally looks like john. Bentley has the cutest little smile.

Idaho Bushmans said...

He is adorable. He looks so much like your husband. Funny he wore a helmet also. Tanner had to wear one also when he was that age. By the way this is your couisn Todd;s wife Allyson. Cute blog

Raquel said...

He is too cute! I just love his little personality.

Kristi said...

Too fast but oo cute! He's got an infectious smile!

Alona said...

He is ridiculously cute! How can you stand it?!?!? :)