Friday, July 18, 2008

BABY SHOWER

I have the best friends! Last weekend some of my close friends threw me a baby shower. One of the hostesses ended up delivering her own baby the night before so she wasn't able to be there, but I don't think she minded too much. Congrats Nichole! We played a fun game with the bags below. Each bag had a baby item in it corresponding with the letter on the bag. Everyone had to guess what was in each bag, and then I got to keep the goodies! See if you can guess them before scrolling down. I only got three right...

B = bottle & bib
A = nasal aspirator
B = blankets & burpcloths
Y = yellow rubber ducky
S = baby shampoo
H = hangers
O = onesies
W = wipes & washcloths
E = essentials diaper kit
R = rattles

Don't I have good looking friends?

Yes, that is a cream puff topiary...Mmm (don't worry, I only ate half of them)

Thanks to everyone who planned and came to the shower. It made me feel like I am getting so much closer to having this baby! Now that my baby showers are over I feel like I can finish getting ready for the baby to come. We bought our carseat and stroller the other night and it was pretty entertaining watching us put them together. I have a feeling we are going to be reading a lot of owner's manuals in the near future.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Very cute baby shower! You do have awesome friends.

Isn't it too bad that the baby doesn't come with a manual?

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karrissa Winward said...

When I read this post I was going to say the same thing- if only the baby came with an owner's manual!! You guys are going to be great parents. Thanks for being pregnant so we could have a party!

John said...

I love the "us" part of the putting it together. Classic. Everyone knows when it comes to putting stuff like that together there is no "us."
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yuuumy. What a tasty looking baby shower. You look great, I always felt like was I was about to past out from sleep exhaustion or bust out of my pants from about 8 months on. You're getting close!

taylors said...

I wish I was there! But....I guess I had a good excuse! I hope you had fun and that you are not too stressed with having a new addition!:)

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Sorry that I had to miss your shower, everything looks wonderful! What clever and creative friends you have! I am so excited for you guys! Send me your email to shaemariej@hotmail.com and I will add you to my blog. This is such a fun way to stay in touch! ps I am sending your present with Ryan to school...so, I hope you get it!

Alona said...

I agree with Shalene! The food looks fabulous!

okbushmans said...

What a great idea with the topiaries! I love baby showers! (attending, and hosting!)

Kristin Starr said...

chocolate fountains are TOTALLY the way to go. *YUM*
I can't believe it is getting so close!