Monday, September 10, 2007

CAN'T GET ENOUGH...

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

...of California! If I wasn't so worried about it falling off into the Ocean we would definitely end up there after dental school. This past weekend we made a quick trip to Dana Point for Ronnie & Jamie's wedding. I'm not going to lie, I'm glad we were married in the temple, but I'm still a little jealous of non-member weddings! The ceremony was on a cliff overlooking the ocean...gorgeous!

After the wedding, we took off to Laguna Beach so that John could get in some quality boogie boarding time. We thought it was a little weird that no one else was boarding, but John jumped in with his board anyway. After getting slammed by the waves a few times and almost getting knocked unconcious, a lifeguard asked him to exit the water. Apparently the waves he was attempting to ride were "shore crashers," which in California lingo translates to DANGEROUS: NO BOARDING ALLOWED! Anyway, I got a good dose of laughter as I sat on the beach soaking up the sun. I think John was still satisfied that he got in a couple of good runs before getting lectured.

We drove to Simi Valley after our beach trip to meet up with some good friends from college, Mike and Julia. They came into town to watch Mike's brother play in the BYU vs. UCLA game. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it to the game, but we met up with them after the game Saturday night and once again before we left Sunday morning. They are so much fun. We hope to be able to convince them to come visit us for the BYU vs. UNLV game. We miss you guys!

3 comments:

taylors said...

YEAH!!!! What a great vacation! I am so glad that you are going to be part of the blogging! It is fun! Anyways....see ya later!
Nichole

Karrissa Winward said...

Hi, this is Karrissa! Just checking out your blog, so cute! Here is our blog address: www.molapulla.blogspot. com. See ya!

Tyler Bushman said...

California is sooo not cool. Texas has a beach too, you know. The pictures did look cool though. Whit and I need to head out there to visit her dad in Santa Monica and take the kids to Disney Land.